Peggy O’Flaherty is an accomplished entrepreneur, author, and community-centric business leader with over 30 years of experience managing and growing female-founded and mission-driven businesses and organizations. Her work has been featured in Forbes, Startup Hustle, Business Insider, Women’s Wear Daily, Modern Retail, and more. In her current venture as the Co-founder and Chief Community Officer of Mavely, Peggy has merged her experience in consumer engagement, fundraising, sales, and account management with data-driven and growth-oriented functional solutions.
In 2017, Peggy co-authored the book Living Your Calling vs. Chasing Your Craving, a reflection and guide dedicated to high-performing women who are seeking to find the balance between their personal ambitions, families, and spirituality. Through detailed exercises, Peggy helps readers discover the joy and harmony that often seems unattainable in running a successful business while raising a family. She often reminds other women to learn the difference between when you make decisions from your head and when you need to use your heart. She is an Illinois native and lives in Downers Grove, Illinois. She holds a BA in government and business from DePaul University and is the proud mother of five children.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What drives Peggy O’Flaherty’s desire to help other businesses and women succeed?
- What went right for Peggy as she built her businesses?
- Peggy explains why she started Mavely and how she chooses who to work with
- Why Peggy started Creating Space, why she co-authored Living Your Calling vs. Chasing Your Craving, and her reasons for creating the OneParish app
- How Peggy leads like a woman
- The best piece of advice Peggy has received from a mentor and her advice to women looking to build a great brand
- Peggy talks about her superpower and shares her contact details
In this episode…
When building a company, it is important for business owners to take note of their data and key performance indicators. These factors demonstrate how the business is performing and can help identify new opportunities in the industry.
For Peggy O’Flaherty, it is also crucial for business owners to know when to use their hearts and when to use their heads when making a decision. This has helped her build a great brand and make better decisions in both her professional and personal life.
In this episode of the Lead Like A Woman Show, Andrea Heuston interviews Peggy O’Flaherty, the Co-founder and Chief Community Officer of Mavely, about her work in helping women build their businesses and balance work with their personal lives. They also discuss how women struggle with imposter syndrome and talk about living an intentional life.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Peggy O’Flaherty on LinkedIn
- Peggy O’Flaherty on Instagram
- Living Your Calling vs. Chasing Your Craving: Running a Self-Owned Business by Peggy O’Flaherty and Whitney Pimentel
- Libby & Co.
- What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry
- Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.