Jane F. Bolin is the Mayor of Oakland Park, Florida, and serves as the global Governance Chair for the Entrepreneurs’ Organization. She is also the Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer of the real estate law firm, PeytonBolin, as well as the Co-founder of Giannell Title. Jane has earned numerous accolades for her work and was named to the South Florida Business Journal “40 Under 40” list. She is deeply involved in the community and serves on many boards and committees that are dedicated to making the world a better place for all.
Jane has a B.A. in Political Science from Radford University, a Master of Sports Management from the United States Sports Academy, and a J.D. from St. Thomas University School of Law. A true renaissance woman, Jane is also a published author, a renowned speaker, and the host of the podcast, Association Nation. Before this, she played linebacker for the Women’s Professional Football League and has worked as a culinary producer for both MasterChef and Top Chef.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jane F. Bolin shares her journey into politics and explains how being mayor differs from running a company
- Jane talks about learning how to make bold business moves through the EO Accelerator program
- How being a linebacker in the Women’s Professional Football League taught Jane to create her own path
- What Jane learned while working as a culinary producer on MasterChef and Top Chef
- The new opportunities for civic engagement in a divided country
- Why you are not your story
- The biggest challenge Jane has had to overcome and what she took from it
- Jane’s advice to women who are at a turning point in their lives
In this episode…
Leading doesn’t always mean calling the shots. In fact, a good leader regularly changes roles. So, how do you know if it’s time to take charge or if it’s best to hold back and pivot in a different direction?
According to Jane F. Bolin, the first step is getting to know yourself. She suggests that it’s easier to embrace change if you’re not struggling to fit your goals and interests into an inauthentic narrative. And, once you know who you are and what you want, the second step is giving it to yourself—whether that means more time with family or a new path for your career. As Jane says, the more you’re aligned with yourself, the more everything else will fall into place.
In this week’s episode of the Lead Like A Woman Show, Andrea Heuston interviews Jane F. Bolin, the Founding Partner and Chief Marketing Officer of PeytonBolin and the Mayor of Oakland Park, Florida, about her role as a leader in politics and business. Together, they discuss the EO Accelerator program, the importance of civic engagement, and the value of stepping outside of your story. Plus, Jane shares lessons from her days in the Women’s Professional Football League and her stint in Hollywood.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Jane F. Bolin
- Jane F. Bolin on LinkedIn
- Jane F. Bolin’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jane F. Bolin’s phone number: 954-588-9282
- Giannell Title
- Civics In Seconds
- Association Nation Podcast
- The City of Oakland Park, Florida
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
- EO Accelerator program
- Mauri Peyton on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.