Pastor Chanda Mills Crutcher is the President and CEO of the American Senior Assistance Program, Inc. (ASAP). She began her career as a certified nursing assistant in Louisiana and continued working in nursing homes to help pay her way through college. In 2004, she founded the American Senior Assistance Program whose primary focus is to provide services to the aging disabled adults and children in regards to transitioning and finishing well.
In 2014, Chanda became an ordained minister. In 2018 founded the Legacy Center, which helps aging adults continue to live life with independent purpose and provides comprehensive support for caregivers. Not only is the Legacy Center the first facility of its kind in the state of Alabama, but Chanda is the first certified geriatric care manager in the state.
With over 25 years of professional experience in the geriatric care industry, Chanda shows no signs of slowing down. As a wife and mother of seven children and three grandchildren, she’s always up for a challenge. She currently serves on the Governor’s task force for Alzheimer’s and health literacy, and is an executive council member with AARP, an advocate for seniors and their caregivers. Chanda shares her expertise with thousands annually from the White House to rural communities all over the world.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Why Chanda Mills Crutcher decided to start the American Senior Assistance Program (ASAP)
- Chanda talks about her recent outreach program where she distributed 60,000 pounds of food to her community
- What inspired Chanda to become an ordained Minister
- How the idea for The Legacy Center came about and how it works
- Chanda talks about her elder advocacy work within the government
- What Chanda loves most about the work she does and what drives her on a daily basis
- What most people don’t know about Chanda
- Chanda talks about a big mistake she made and what she learned from it
- How the COVID-19 pandemic made people become more aware of their health
- Why it’s important for women can be true to themselves and believe in themselves
- The best piece of advice Chanda has received from a mentor and her advice to other women looking to make an impact in their lives
- Chanda explains why her superpower is her authentic engagement with people
In this episode…
While working for a large long-term care provider, Chanda Mills Crutcher was disappointed by the gap in services that were offered to older and disabled adults. She later resigned and started the American Senior Assistance Program (ASAP) through which she now provides transformational life opportunities for the elderly.
In addition, Chanda’s great desire to help other people has driven her to be of service to her community. She recently distributed over 60,000 pounds of food in her community as her way of helping out in the midst of the current COVID-19 health crisis
In this episode of Lead Like a Woman Show, Andrea Heuston interviews Chanda Mills Crutcher, President and CEO of the American Senior Assistance Program about her advocacy work and her commitment to providing quality care for the elderly and disabled adults. Chanda discusses why she founded the American Senior Assistance Program and the Legacy Center, her decisions to become an ordained Minister, and why women should believe in themselves. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program
- The American Senior Assistance Program (ASAP)
- The Legacy Center
- Chanda Mills Crutcher on LinkedIn
- Chanda Mills Crutcher on Facebook
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.