Vicky Lanzone is the Program Manager at Street Life Ministries, where she provides clothing and food for disadvantaged individuals. She is also the author of the memoir Life is Crazy and We’re All Going to Die.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Vicky Lanzone and Jamie Blaine collaborated to write Life is Crazy
- Jamie shares how his background as a psychotherapist influences his books
- Vicky’s inspiration for working at a homeless shelter
- Fear and despair as catalysts for Life is Crazy
- What was Jamie’s epiphany about life and hope?
- Vicky and Jamie recount notable quotes and moments from Life is Crazy
In this episode…
When faced with adversity and despair, where do you turn for solace? Do you surrender and abandon your ideals, or do you upend your life for the better?
After losing her job and husband to an affair and confronting insensitive parents, Vicky Lanzone prepared an elaborate escape plan. But an encounter with Jamie Blaine, a psychiatric crisis specialist, motivated her to transform her life drastically. With his help, Vicky wrote an introspective, authentic memoir about finding hope in desperation. She recognized that transparency and truthfulness are pivotal in self-discovery and optimism.
In this special episode of the Lead Like a Woman Show, Andrea Heuston welcomes authors Vicky Lanzone and Jamie Blaine to discuss the purpose of their book Life is Crazy and We’re All Going to Die. Together, they share the role of fear and despair in the book’s narrative, epiphanies about life and hope, and inspirational quotes from the book.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Andrea Heuston on LinkedIn
- Artitudes Design
- Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose by Andrea Heuston
- Lead Like a Woman SpeakHer
- Jamie Blaine on LinkedIn
- Life is Crazy and We’re All Going to Die: A Book about Hope in Strange Places by Vicky Lanzone and Jamie Blaine
- Life is Crazy website
- Midnight Jesus: Where Struggle, Faith, and Grace Collide by Jamie Blaine
- Mercy Never Sleeps: Sleepless Thoughts on Faith, Heaven, and the Fear of Heights by Jamie Blaine
- “The Outgoing Introvert” with Natasha Miller on the Lead Like a Woman Show
- Entire Productions