Elise Holtzman is a former practicing attorney, certified executive coach, and the Founder of The Lawyer’s Edge, where she and her coaching team work with law firms to grow thriving businesses by helping lawyers become better business developers and leaders. Prior to practicing law in large New York law firms, Elise earned a BA in psychology from the University of Pennsylvania and her JD from Columbia Law School, where she was a member and Senior Editor of the Columbia Law Review.
In addition to providing consulting, training, and coaching for clients, Elise speaks frequently for women groups and legal organizations such as State Bar Associations, ABA Women Rainmakers, and the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity. She writes articles on the subject of business development for publications such as the New York Law Journal and Law360. She is also the host of The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Elise Holtzman’s journey to starting The Lawyer’s Edge, a coaching company for lawyers
- How Elise’s work helps clients build successful law firms
- What went right for Elise when she started The Lawyer’s Edge?
- Elise talks about her discomfort in scaling her business — and how she helps clients deal with being uncomfortable
- Why entrepreneurs should network with like-minded people
- The types of topics and guests Elise features on The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast
- How Elise leads like a woman and her advice for women looking to start a business
- Elise talks about her superpower and shares her contact details
In this episode…
Building a successful business requires managing many key pieces, from handling finances to tackling sales and marketing, hiring and managing employees, and scaling the business. However, no one can be an expert in all of these areas — regardless of how smart they are. So what should growing entrepreneurs do?
According to Elise Holtzman, this is where having a coach or mentor comes into play. Connecting and learning from a mentor who has gone through similar challenges is invaluable. It helps business owners network with like-minded people, grow both personally and professionally, and learn how to take on uncomfortable situations.
In this episode of the Lead Like A Woman Show, Andrea Heuston is joined by Elise Holtzman, the Founder of The Lawyer’s Edge, to talk about the importance of coaching and working with a mentor. Elise shares her journey to entrepreneurship, her secret to success, and the value of networking with like-minded people. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- The Lawyer’s Edge
- The Lawyer’s Edge Podcast
- Elise Holtzman on LinkedIn
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
- EO Accelerator
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.