Andrea Heuston is the CEO and Creative Principal of Artitudes Design, an award-winning creative agency. She has over 20 years of experience in the design industry and has won several awards such as the Puget Sound Business Journal’s 40 under 40, the Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards for Enterprising Women Magazine, Cambridge Who’s Who, and the Key4Women Achieve Award.
Andrea holds a degree in Communications and Design from the University of Washington. She is a speaker, author, and a volunteer who helps plan, purchase, prepare, and serve meals for the members of The Matt Talbot Center. Andrea is also the host of the Lead Like a Woman Show where she features top women leaders in order to share their inspirational stories on life and leadership.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Kristin Kahle reads the forward that she wrote for Andrea Heuston’s new book
- Andrea’s reasons for writing Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose
- Andrea talks about her favorite stories from the book, the hardest chapter she had to write, and the quotes she chose to include
- The things Andrea would tell a young woman about her new book and the lessons it contains
- What Andrea hopes to teach her readers from the exercises at the end of each chapter
- Andrea’s experience of writing the new book
- Where you can find Andrea’s new book
In this episode…
Andrea Heuston recently launched her new book, Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose. For Andrea, the process of writing the book was both a challenging and very fulfilling undertaking. She had to relive some of the most painful events from her past like dealing with the loss of a loved one, losing her house to fire, the challenges of infertility, and rebuilding her life after being in a coma. However, Andrea was also able to relive the positive lessons she took from those experiences and turn them into something she could share.
With the book, Andrea hopes to teach other women about the power to choose. No one can control everything that happens to them, but we all have the power to decide how to react to our circumstances. Andrea’s book helps people learn how to harness the power of their past experiences to come out stronger on the other side. For Andrea, it’s about learning how to create beauty out of life’s scars.
In this week’s episode of the Lead Like A Woman Show, host Andrea Heuston is interviewed by Dr. Kristin Kahle, the CEO and Founder of NavigateHCR, about her new book, Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose. Andrea shares her reasons for writing the book, her favorite quotes and stories from the book, and why women should read it. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Andrea Heuston on LinkedIn
- Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose by Andrea Heuston
- Stronger on the Other Side on Andrea Heuston’s website
- Dr. Kristin Kahle’s website
- Dr. Kristin Kahle on LinkedIn
- “The Art of Surrendering: Learning How to Let Go of Control”
- “The Power of NO” with Dr. Kristin Kahle on the Lead Like A Woman Show
- “House Burned Down: 4 Life-Altering Events That Have Tested Andrea Heuston’s Resiliency” on the Lead Like A Woman Show
- “In a Coma for 19 Days – 4 Life Altering Events That Have Tested Her Resiliency” on the Lead Like A Woman Show
- “Tragic Death of an Employee with Cancer – 4 Life Altering Events That Have Tested Her Resiliency” on the Lead Like A Woman Show
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO)
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.