Kara McKeage is the CEO of Pepper’s Personal Assistants, which provides household outsourcing services to help career-driven mothers with errands. After working as an administrative assistant and sales support professional for 20 years while balancing motherhood, Kara founded Pepper’s Personal Assistants to allow busy mothers to focus on their careers. She is also a board member of Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO).
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- How Kara McKeage started Pepper’s Personal Assistants
- The learnings that jump-started the growth of Pepper’s Personal Assistant
- What was the inspiration behind the name “Pepper”?
- How Kara juggles being a mother and an entrepreneur
- Understanding and destigmatizing the societal pressures of motherhood
- Breaking the fear of failure when juggling motherhood and a career
- Kara’s secrets to matching personal assistants with clients
In this episode…
Women are expected to embody two roles: motherhood and working professional. This duality places pressure on them to excel in both areas simultaneously, leading to guilt, shame, and feelings of failure. How can you abolish the stigma of working mothers?
Entrepreneur and career mother Kara McKeage emphasizes the value of outsourcing personal home assistants. These attendants perform household tasks like errands and chores to minimize workload and pressure. Through relationship-building and support, women learn that not every task has to be accomplished concurrently.
In this episode of the Lead Like a Woman Show, Kara McKeage, the CEO and Founder of Pepper’s Personal Assistants, joins Andrea Heuston for a conversation about balancing motherhood and work. Kara shares her experiences during the start of her business, how she hired the right people, and the impact her business has on working mothers.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose by Andrea Heuston
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Pepper’s Personal Assistants website
- Pepper’s Personal Assistants Facebook
- Pepper’s Personal Assistants LinkedIn
- Pepper’s Personal Assistants Instagram
- Kara McKeage on LinkedIn