Dr. Amy Morrison is the President of the Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech). As a first-generation college graduate and passionate supporter of workforce education, she is committed to her career advocating for college students and community and technical colleges. She is extensively involved in local, regional, and statewide initiatives. She is also involved in statewide community and technical college system work, including chairing the President’s legislative and strategic visioning committees.
Before leading LWTech, Dr. Morrison served for nearly 10 years in Vice Presidential roles at Clover Park Technical College. She began her community and technical college career at Bates Technical College in 1999. Before her current job, Dr. Morrison served as the Deputy Director in the Office of Congressman Norm Dicks, where she focused on higher education and workforce outreach.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Dr. Amy Morrison’s background and her inspiration to work in public service
- How going to college influenced Dr. Morrison’s life
- The skills Dr. Morrison learned from running political campaigns
- Dr. Morrison’s work and vision for the Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Dr. Morrison talks about her upcoming book and how she leads like a woman
- The best piece of advice Dr. Morrison has received from a mentor
- Dr. Morrison’s superpower
In this episode…
How often do you spare the time to take care of yourself? Do you prioritize your health and well-being?
Self-care is essential to being a good leader. You are responsible for showing up healthy every day to be at your best so you can effectively take care of others. Many leaders ignore their health and well-being, which often negatively impacts their work. Dr. Amy Morrison advises leaders to take a break and regularly practice radical self-care.
In this episode of the Lead Like a Woman Show, Andrea Heuston is joined by Dr. Amy Morrison, the President of the Lake Washington Institute of Technology, to talk about public service and the importance of self-care. Dr. Morrison shares her background, the skills she learned from running political campaigns, and her upcoming book.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose by Andrea Heuston
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Dr. Amy Morrison on LinkedIn
- Dr. Amy Morrison on Twitter
- Dr. Sharon McGavick on LinkedIn
- Clover Park Technical College
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.