Alexi Cashen is the CEO–or as she prefers to be known, the Chief Executive Optimist–for Elenteny Imports, a fast growing wine business. The company is dedicated to helping its partners grow in the wine, beer, and spirits industry.
Alexi is a self proclaimed type A, detail-oriented entrepreneur, and loves dominating in alcohol logistics. She is a board member of the San Francisco chapter of Entrepreneurs’ Organization, and she is also a business coach, host of The Alexi Cashen Podcast, and a mom.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What inspired Alexi Cashen to go into the wine and spirits business.
- Alexi shares what it’s like working as a leader in a male dominated industry.
- Alexi talks about Elenteny Imports and their company culture and ideal clients, and the regulations around the wine industry.
- Why Alexi calls herself a Chief Executive Optimist.
- What Alexi loves about being a coach at the Entrepreneurs’ Organization Accelerator and her podcast, The Alexi Cashen Podcast.
- Alexi discusses what she has learned from a big mistake she made in her business and her advice to women who are just starting their careers or pivoting in their roles.
- Alexi talks about what she is most curious about right now and her superpower.
- Where to learn more and get in touch with Alexi Cashen.
In this episode…
When Alexi Cashen and her business partner started their wine logistics business, she didn’t take an active role in handling the company’s finances. Over time, she realized that she needed to improve her relationship with money and the financial aspect of her business. Now, she thinks of money as a form of self care and that taking an active participation in her company’s finances is the best thing she can do.
Alexi also advocates for herself and her work as opposed to waiting for others to advocate for her. Why? Because she believes that no one can evangelize her business better than she can.
In this episode of the Lead Like a Woman Show, Andrea Heuston is joined by Alexi Cashen, CEO of Elenteny Imports, to talk about the world of wine and how to push past the unexpected and move towards the greatness that lies ahead. They also discuss the importance of women taking an active role in their finances, the benefits of having a podcast, and what it’s like to have a leadership role in a male dominated industry. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.