Mindy Weinstein, PhD, is the Founder and CEO of Market MindShift, a boutique digital marketing firm in Scottsdale, Arizona. She is a digital marketing expert named one of the top women in the industry globally. Mindy has trained thousands of professionals from organizations of all sizes including Facebook, the Weather Channel, World Fuel Services, and Hampton Products, and she continues to write for various publications.
Mindy is also the author of The Power of Scarcity: Leveraging Urgency and Demand to Influence Customer Decisions. She has a PhD in general psychology with an emphasis on technology. She is also a Marketing Instructor at Grand Canyon University and the University of Denver, as well as a Program Leader at the Wharton School and Columbia Business School.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- What inspired Mindy Weinstein to start Market MindShift?
- How Mindy juggles teaching at various universities
- Mindy talks about her new book and explains how scarcity impacts consumer behavior
- How scarcity marketing and the fear of missing out impact the brain
- The power of uniqueness, effects of age on scarcity, and the relationship between inflation and scarcity
- The most impactful piece of advice Mindy has received
- How to leverage urgency and demand
- Mindy’s superpower and contacts details
In this episode…
Do you get overwhelmed by the fear of missing out on something? Do you struggle to make the right decisions when faced with scarcity?
Fear often has a big impact on our emotions and the decisions we make. The fear of losing something can be a big driving force when making buying decisions and is a tactic often used by marketers to drive sales. According to Mindy Weinstein, scarcity makes things more attractive and increases competition.
In this episode of the Lead Like a Woman Show, Andrea Heuston interviews Mindy Weinstein, the Founder and CEO of Market MindShift, about the power of scarcity. They discuss how scarcity marketing affects the brain, the relationship between inflation and scarcity, and the power of uniqueness.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Artitudes Design
- Stronger on the Other Side: The Power to Choose by Andrea Heuston
- Market MindShift
- Mindy Weinstein’s website
- Mindy Weinstein on LinkedIn
- The Power of Scarcity: Leveraging Urgency and Demand to Influence Customer Decisions by Mindy Weinstein
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Artitudes Design by Andrea Heuston. Artitudes Design is an award-winning creative agency that has been creating visual communication for Fortune 500 companies for over 25 years. They have worked with notable companies such as Microsoft, Starbucks, Expedia, and have also served startups and nonprofit organizations.
They specialize in connecting speakers with audiences by creating visual value with presentations and through the creation of motion graphics, video, and content.
To learn more about Artitudes Design, visit their website today. Checkout their portfolio to see their previous projects, and contact them today to find out how they can help you bring your business a cut above the rest.